If you prefer the bilingual pdf version of newsletter in English and Czech download it here:
SME Info Czechia 2021-02 – Progress in government digitalization in Czechia
DataBox for all individuals from 1.1.2023
Czechia was one of the first CEE countries to implement digital communication between authorities and businesses. From January 2009, authority correspondence was only sent electronically to a ‘DataBox’ of a corporate entity. DataBox is state run guaranteed communication tool resembling e-mail. It is accessible via web interface as well as via some licensed applications. The system replaced registered paper mail. Any correspondence sent to a databox Is deemed received latest in 10 days after sending if the particular DataBox is not accessed earlier. All correspondence with authorities is considered as signed by the responsible person such as Managing Director. Conversion of notarized signature to official electronic version or use of certified electronic signature may thus not be required. Companies are not obliged to respond via DataBox as they may send mail to authorities electronically as well as via the traditional paper mail.
Persons other than companies (NGO’s, freelancers, private individuals, foreign entities) may open DataBox on a voluntary basis. They may, however, also request disabling their DataBox.
Currently, sending of private mail – company to company (or individual to individual) is possible only in case the recipient allows it in the DataBox settings. It is also subject to a fee.
Changes from 1 January 2022
- Receiving private mail will be automatically allowed in all DataBoxes, disallowing this feature will be possible via manual change of settings
- Private mail will also be deemed received latest in 10 days
- Unlike authority correspondence, sending private mail will not replace physical or electronic signature
Changes from 1 January 2023
- DataBox will automatically be created for all freelancers
- DataBox will automatically be created for all adult individuals, who will use a tool for recognizing electronic identity with an authority (i.e. certified electronic signature, e-ID, bank identity) this will include:
- Czech citizens
- Foreign individuals with permanent or long-term residence permit, or long term visa
- EU citizens residing in Czechia based on temporary residence permit
- Possibility to disable the DataBox will not be changed
You can download our bilingual newsletter in English and Czech here:
The purpose of SME INFO is to provide general information and to draw the attention to the current changes in law which we believe to be important for the business operation of our clients. It is not a replacement for careful review of the acts and rules and the consultation with your tax advisor.
© Copyrights 2021, Process Solutions, – All rights reserved